Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trip to Madison

While Connor and Bret were fishing in Texas (again), Brendan, Maren and I headed to Madison for a long weekend. Friday, we had brunch with my old friend, Lisa, and her family. Then we headed to the pumpkin patch, where Maren and Brendan ran around for almost 2 hours. We all did a corn maze and picked out pumpkins. We headed home to carve them. We ended up only doing Brendan's (the cyclops), Dave's (a ghost ghost pumpkin) and Maren's (a princess). We were all too pooped to do Jenny and mine.

On Saturday, we headed to dream park and had a ball playing hide-n-go-seek. We then headed home for grilled cheese and soup. Dave and I relaxed and watched some football while the kids and Jenny did crafts. The kids couldn't get enough of the craft queen (my new nickname for Jenny). I then headed to the salon for hair and makeup help in preparation for my 20yr HS reunion. I had a great time and was thrilled that Dave and Jenny could watch the kids. We then headed home on Sunday. It was a truly great weekend!


Daven's ghost and Brendan's cyclops


Maren, Anna and Jaime (Lisa's two daughters) and Brendan's head--all being silly

'
The group being cute


more silliness


The moms (Lisa and me)


Uncle Dave, Maren, Aunt Jenny and Brendan

No comments: