Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Mom's 70th Surprise Birthday Party

Well, I pulled it off. My mom was totally surprised. We had a party at the Rochester Senior Center (where my mom plays bridge weekly). Then we headed out to dinner at her favorite restaurant where her cousin, Rebie, and her husband, Gary, from Chicago met us. She had a truly wonderful day!


The kids silly faces


The kids in front of the cake table. Maren and I colored the banner.


My mom entering the party totally surprised.




Connor, Jenny (my sister-in-law) and I are lighting the 70 candle birthday cake.


My mom during the Happy Birthday song. Notice the 70 candle birthday cake in the foreground.


Emma, Bette, Tom, Don, Merilyn, Betty and Kathryn (all my mom's bridge buddies)


Dave, my mom, Connor and me


The Memmotts (sitting L to R: Sasha, Margo, Drew and Kim) with my mom, Sheila O'Shea and Karen Hodgens in the background.


My mom, Sheila O'Shea (an old friend from Milwaukee) and Karen Hodgens (my mom's old college roommate)


Maren and Brendan eating the frosting off of the "candle" cake.


Brendan's blue frosting smile

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

You got the two Betty/es mixed up but otherwise a great job. I don't remember photos being taken...more surprises, huh! What a great day! I'm STILL smiling!
Love, Mom