Sunday, August 22, 2010

Texas August 2010

We are having a great time in Texas. No storms this year, the weather's been beautiful--hot but slight wind and cooler water temps (and the pool) help fool you into thinking that's it's really not bad. Bret usually gets up early (about 4:45a) every day to go fishing. The kids and I have gotten up early with him 3-4 times to go to the National Seashore. The kids have been great and we've caught several fish (whiting, redfish, sea trout, hard head catfish, gaftop catfish, and skipjacks). We're having a fried fish feast tonight with the keeper whiting, redfish and sea trout. Connor, Bret and I have caught redfish, Bret's caught the trout and we all caught a keeper whiting except Brendan. We go home on Tuesday, which we're sad about, but also ready to go. I miss my house and dog. It's been below 50 in Duluth since we've been gone, so that will be an adjustment. Enjoy the pictures below from my sister-in-law, Bridget. I've forgotten my camera connection cord to the computer, so I'll post my pics once we get home.


Bailey, my niece, and Maren
with their first sandcastle masterpiece


Me with my youngest niece (to date) Darby.
Both of sister-in-laws are expecting,
Jenny is due 8/21 and Bridget is due 11/4.


Nolan, my only nephew, and
Connor coming back in from the surf


Two of the handsome men
in my life


Connor with his "mini" fish
caught on the pier in Port Aransas


Nolan and Brendan fishing from the pier


The girls with another masterpiece


Brendan tackling Connor while Nolan
looks on and Josh (Bret's brother)
grabs Darby

No comments: