Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Bret got a new boat last Friday. He picked it up and we all went out for a quick ride on Island Lake. It's a G3 17.5 foot fish and swim. It has a console, canopy and 5 seats and can also pull the kids if they want to tube/ski. We are all very excited about it. Bret, Connor, Maren, Bobby (Bret's brother) and Nolan (my nephew) all went fishing on Saturday. Bret caught 2 pike and 1 crappie. The boys fishing weekend is coming up this weekend, so Bret and Connor are extremely excited for that.

As for Mother's Day, I woke up to a wonderful homemade breakfast: hashbrowns with onions and green peppers cooked in bacon fat (what's better than that?), bacon and eggs benedict with my favorite OJ (Tropicana). After stuffing myself, we went to visit my new niece, Darby Layne Friday. She was born last Saturday and both mom (Bridget) and baby are home and doing well. Then we went to our land to play in the river. The kids caught minnows and crayfish and Sadie had a blast. Then it was back to our house to relax and watch some golf. The PGA pro that I met in Las Vegas last year (Ben Crane) was in contention, so I had fun cheering for him. Bret got a nap. About 5p, we headed over to Bob and Gayle's for a bbq. We celebrated Gayle, Taylor and Sally (T's girlfriend) birthdays.


Maren and Brendan cuddling with Sadie


Brendan loving Sadie


Maren's Mother's Day drawing/gift


Maren's mother's day card. It says that I'm 36 and 6' tall. I weigh 97 pounds and have 3 children. I'm as pretty as a rose and as smart as a cat. That my favorite food is seafood and that I love to exercise. She loves me because "she takes care of us". How could life get any better?

No comments: