Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finally Here (and up and running)!

We've finally made it to Duluth! And about a month later, we finally have tv and internet service. It seems that living out in the country poses some challenges to technology. We had dial-up internet for a while, which was EXTREMELY painful! Now, we have high speed and satellite tv.

Bret rewarded himself for finishing his training with a large screen HD tv. We've really been enjoying the Olympics on it!

There have been soccer camps, soccer practices, soccer games, hockey practices and hockey camps so far. So, I'm trying to keep the kids busy (and from killing each other)! We are all anxiously waiting school to start!

Connor and Maren start on Sept. 5. They are both very excited and especially so because they'll be riding the bus together.

Brendan doesn't start pre-school until Sept. 16, so it'll just be the two of us for a while.

Bret is settling into his job nicely, it seems. I've already heard rave reviews from the nurses and support staff. He's also enjoying his brothers and lots of fishing. Another great interest seems to be his new GPS system that I got him for Christmas. He's using it to figure out where we are on our land. We went on an adventure hike last week, and luckily, we had the GPS. I had no idea which way was what.

I'm trying to reclaim my life, as it's been consumed by the selling of the house, the move and now entertaining the kids. I know that things will improve greatly with the start of school. I'm trying to remember how to make new friends. As are the kids.

We've finally gotten new cell phones. My new number is 218-269-2544.

I hope that all of you are having great summer!

New pictures soon (I promise)!

1 comment:

Tori said...

It does sound like quite a whirlwind! I'm glad everyone is settling in (and I'm not surprised in the least by the nurses' love for Bret!;)

It is tough to make new friends but you are so caring and fun I bet it won't be a problem at all! Let's talk soon! Love to everyone!