Monday, March 10, 2008

Connor's Hockey Jamboree

Sadly, my camera's batteries went dead at the beginning of Connor's first game. So, I didn't get anything. I'm totally bummed. You'll have to appreciate with a play-by-play from me.

First game
This was probably Connor's best game of the season. He played center and on his first shift, got a breakaway and scored. On his next shift, another breakaway and shot went off the post. A teammate put the rebound in the goal. Connor continued all game to hustle and push offensively. It made his momma very proud. He also had a large cheering section: his grandmother, his teacher and her fiance, and our neighbors, the Hoovers (aka "the quads"). Unfortunately, dad was moonlighting, so he missed the games.

Second game
Well, you could tell that Connor was tired. He played defense and did try his best. The whole team was exhausted. Luckily, our goalie was awesome and helped out a great deal.

Overall, Connor was thrilled and had a great time! Connor, Maren and Brendan all have matching t-shirts and trophies. I just can't believe that the season's over already!

I'm hoping that I'll get some pictures from some friends to post, so check back soon!

No comments: