Thursday, September 20, 2007

So, I've joined the craze!

Just after checking my friends blogs and worrying that I might annoy people by sending endless emails detailing our Duluth home project, I'm joining the craze and creating my own family blog.

I spent the day recovering after our crazy Wednesday. Our Wednesdays start early for us--6:40am. We wake and I get every one dressed with backpacks ready. I then drop Maren and Brendan off at my mom's (saint!), then proceeding to Connor's weekly cello lesson. After 30 minutes, assuming we get there on time, we head back to Grandma Ellyn's house to grab breakfast. Maren and Brendan get breakfast also while we're at cello and pass the time with cartoons or playing with Grandma's jewelry or her dogs. Then we kid switch and Grandma takes Connor to school and I take Maren and Brendan to their preschool. After school and lunch, Maren and Brendan have ice skating/hockey skating lessons and gymnastics. Connor catches the bus home to a friend's house where he grabs a snack and a little play, then heads to soccer practice. I usually catch up with Connor at practice. Then we head home for dinner. Bret usually joins us when he can. Thank goodness that this is only on Wednesdays! Maren and Brendan have preschool Monday and Friday mornings, but otherwise, we're pretty much free.

All the kids are being sports while I work on coordinating the land/driveway/house project(s). Luckily, we're hired Bob Leith, who I've nicknamed "Bob Our Builder", to manage the project while we're in Rochester. I am keeping him very busy!

I've got a few more pictures of the wood chip and log piles; oh, I really meant yard and home site. I'm hoping to get back up to Duluth next week to assess the progress and pick a spot for Bret's detached garage/workshop/toy storage area. We're still hoping to get into the ground this fall, but I'm pessimistic at times. I'm overwhelmed by all of the components of building a house in the country. It's much more involved than building this house.

I'm off to relax on the couch with Bret. I usually need to get at least an hour of down time before I can head to bed.

Keep posted and visit often! All our love, xoxo.

No comments: